9.09.2009

Parker's First Day of Preschool!

READY OR NOT...
HERE HE COMES!!!

Parker has been so excited and counting down the days until his first day of preschool.... which was today! I, on the other hand, have had many mixed emotions. Yes, I am excited for Parker to make new friends, learn new things, and have fun, but what in the world am I going to do without him? (Yeah... ask me that in a few months- I am SURE I will have found SOMETHING to do with my free time with just Jax!)

Today was wonderful. Parker wanted to start his day off right with "2 eggs and a piece of toast." And that is exactly what I made him!
He ate all of it!


After a yummy breakfast, he wanted to get dressed in his new school clothes. He wanted to wear this shirt because it has the number 3 on it, and 3 is his favorite number!


What a big boy-- on his first day of school... can you tell he is excited?!



I told him to pose for the pic... this is what he did!



His new backpack


Jill Taft is Parker's teacher at Smart Start Preschool. She will be wonderful! Parker already likes Mrs. Taft... I just hope Jill has enough patience and energy to keep up with Parker!

Paul and I got to go with Parker to his first day today.

Here is what he did...

Put away his backpack



Found his name




Colored a leaf




Hung his leaf on the tree






Wrote his name




Found the "Coloring Cave" and named all of his colors



Met new friends




Listened to a story




Had a little "Time Out" with Daddy!

(Jill--- I hope this is the ONE and ONLY little tantrum this year!)


Read a story with Mommy



Played with toys and new friends




Had Show-and-Tell and showed everyone his new paddle ball



Had snack time




Enjoyed another story


Did and craft project with Daddy



How cute is that?



And then enjoyed lunch at McDonalds with Mom, Dad, and Jaxon!



WHAT A GREAT DAY!


And it was so fun and busy, that Parker came home for a nap!



What a grown up boy!


Such a fun day... but am I really ready for this?
LOVE YOU, PARKER...
GOOD LUCK, MRS. TAFT!

3 comments:

Odelsa said...

This was the funnest post!

it's amazing how fast they grow! I have two in school right now and I love the free time but I also enjoy them coming home and telling me all about their day! So will you.

Parker is such a big boy, he will do awesome in school!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there to ask him about his day. The pictures are fabulous, they show his day so well. Tell him grandma is so proud he had a good day!

Jen Gillespie said...

How fun Heidi. What a big boy! Will he go into Kindergarten next year, or does he have one more year? Looks like he did really well. So glad he likes it!