3.24.2010

All in a day...

I think I am going to pull my hair out tonight...  Actually, the day started out great, but went downhill just after 4:45 pm...  The boyz can be so cute together, watching tv, playing, singing... or they can be really naughty!  

So Parker was SO good this morning.  I mean really, really good...like "not my son" type good.  

Let me just explain by saying that Parker has had a very hard time being nice to me lately.  For example, when he gets mad at me, he yells, "I hate you."  Sad.  And when I asked him to eat his dinner one night he said, "No, you idiot."  Again, sad.  Paul and I obviously DON'T talk like that...but Parker's sweet little ears picked it up from somewhere!  

Anyway, after being told "I hate you," too many times, I told him that I was going to wash his mouth out with soap if he said mean things to me again.  He said it again, and out came the soap.  A few hours later, out popped "I hate you," again.  Again, out came the soap.  Right after the second time of soap, Parker said, "That was gross.  And I still hate you."  And... soap a third time!  So you can see that when Parker was SO EXTREMELY sweet today, I questioned him.  First, I told him how happy I was that he was being so nice, helpful, and cooperative. Then I said, "So where did the naughty Parker go?"  And Parker said, "I ate him!"  Good.  I was hoping the "Naughty Parker" would stay in the "Good Parker's" tummy...but he didn't.  

The boyz were finger painting so nice this afternoon, and I was enjoying this quiet time with them... then dinner came.  Neither boy would eat the chicken sandwiches I made.  So I tried ravioli.  Neither boy would eat the ravioli I made.  Parker told me that the "Naughty Parker" ate the "Good Parker."  That was it... I knew the good night was over.  After trying to convince the boyz to eat for seriously 2 hours, I finally gave up and resorted to giving them Fruit Loops.  Mom of the Year right here!  Just when things had calmed down, Parker dumped his whole bowl of fruit loops all over the floor... which I just cleaned yesterday.  And Jaxon was soon to follow by dumping his bowl on the floor, too.  Doja got to eat a lot of fruit loops.  I got to change two boyz into their pj's and try 2 more bowls of fruit loops.  REALLY?????  

And then I hear, "Mom, I love you so much...." from the "Good Parker."  And then Jaxon says, "I wuv you, mom."  Okay, I can do this!  I think... 

Parker is such a sweet boy, and just the other day he got down on the ground to show me how much he loves me.... while saying, "I LOVE YOU THIS MUCH!" 
 I love him that much too...AND MORE!   

So, even though I think the day wasn't as good as it might have been, at least Doja was able to kick back, relax, and enjoy the sunshine!   She LOVES to sunbathe... what girl doesn't???  

1 comment:

Odelsa said...

I can relate to all of this. You just never know what a day is going to be like.

Hope you guys are all doing good!