12.09.2008

Trying to remember the SWEET times...

So- Parker got kicked out of nursery last Sunday. Seriously--- I think I am the first mother to have a kid get kicked out! He is really into this TERRIBLE spitting stage, where he spits when he is playing, when he is mad... pretty much anytime. I have tried SO many different things to get him to stop spitting! (He actually think soap tastes good now! GROSS!) So on Sunday, a nursery leader brought him to me because he was spitting on the other kids. NOT NICE! Yes, I was a bit embarrassed- and quite a bit upset- so I handed him off to Paul! (Thanks for taking care of him, Paul!) When we got home he lost everything- ALL of his toys and his TV privileges. All he had in his room was his bed... he has finally finished earning back all of his toys today.... He has done really well this week since then, but ANY IDEAS???



I just have to remember the SWEET times.....



A few weeks ago Paul was unable to come to chuch with his work schedule, so I headed off with both boyz--- not something I enjoy! After the first 2 meetings, I knew I wasn't going to go to Sacrament Meeting at 3:00 in the afternoon- alone- with no nap for Parker- and actually think I was going to learn something and feel the Spirit--- so after the first two meetings I just loaded up the boyz and started walking home. On our way home Parker said, "Mom, I need to have the bread and water. I need to think about Jesus." What a lesson from my little boy-- I turned right around and we headed back to church! A family in my ward helped me out with the boyz during Sacrament Meeting and I knew the Lord was blessing me- because Parker fell asleep after the Sacrament--- HE NEVER SLEEPS DURING CHURCH! (That was the 1st, and so far, the LAST time!) Here is the pic he colored in nursery that day.... I guess he remembered what he learned in class!!!
I sure LOVE him, and he teaches me something new everyday--- I guess I haven't learned enough about patience though, because he is teaching me about it EVERYDAY!

What a sweet little boy--- he is an ANGEL---
the problem is, his HORNS are holding his HALO up!

9 comments:

Hannah Jones said...

hahahahahahooohooohooohaaahaaaheeeheeeheehaaahaa!
hang on...
::: wiping tears :::
hahahahahahooohaaheeeheeehaaahoooheehaaa

Oh Heidi. That's good.
The best is yet to come! :)
I think Parker and Zach are twins in different families!!!

Odelsa said...

Oh the joys of PArenthood. I thought it was all very cute. I remember going through all these things with each of my kids so yes hang in there it shall pass. I promise!

I'm sure those horns will fall off eventually :)

Anonymous said...

Heidi if you only have to have heartache over spitting you will consider yourself very blessed. Believe me there are other things your children may choose to do that hurts your heart a lot more.

Jill said...

I'm glad I'm not the only mom whose son has the invisible horns! Landon is such a trial right now. And think! they both get to go into primary!!! :) Wish I had some idea about the spitting, but it sounds like you're doing a great job.

I loved the sacrament story. That is really sweet.

LittleFamilyJL said...

ha ha. That is funny stuff. He does seem like such a cute little boy... minus the spitting of course.

Anonymous said...

He will get the spitting figured out and hopefully soon. The silver lining for Sunday was that he listened and learned what he was being taught that day and wanted to choose the right. :) Maybe a toy earned back for every time he is upset and doesn't spit and loses 3 toys every time he does???
Better than biting! :)
Love,
Mom M

Jen Gillespie said...

I am totally with you on the patience thing! And the sacrament meeting story is adorable. Isn't it wonderful when Heavenly Father knows what we need (i.e. a child to nap during church!) Keep up the great work.

Criscell said...

Ha ha ha! That is so funny--but not to you, I'm sure. I have never heard of toddlers spitting, so no advice here, sorry. I loved the sweet sacrament story! Kids are the best, aren't they? They teach us so much.

The Kraus House said...

Your life sounds quite similar to mine, except mine has a little bit of added emotional drama!!lol.

us poor moms, aren't we lucky.

I love it

nat