6.23.2009

Quick Update...

We found out yesterday that Parker now has a staph infection in his neck. He is on a very strong antibiotic that will hopefully kill it. If not, he will be put on IV's in order to kill this and another bacteria they found from this last surgery. We go back to the Dr. on Thursday, where he will repack the incision with gauze again and we will see if the infection has cleared up yet.
He is still so adorable and tries to be so brave, but it sure is heart breaking to see my son scream and cry as we have to hold him down for the Dr. to put gauze in his neck.
There are just somedays when I wonder why I should even get out of bed....
But I sure LOVE my boyz, and I am so eternally grateful for the outpouring of love and support from family and friends. Thank you.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this! If you ever need anything please let me know! It was so good to see you the other day. Send me your email address so i can send you an invite to my blog.(jessicalynne@msn.com)

Jen Gillespie said...

Heidi, I'm so sorry sweetie! I know this is hard for you and your whole family, but imagine how much harder it would be for your little boys if you "didn't get out of bed" You are their world, and they couldn't live without you! Don't give up cutie. You can do it!

Mom D said...

What are you talking about? Not getting out of bed...How could you miss lunches, shaved ice drinks, walks around Walmart, Bubbles on the patio, not to mention camping trips, and many more fun things? Just hang in there, things will get better and you have two little boys that depend on fun times with Mom and Grandmas!!!!!

Angie said...

thanks for keeping us updated. i check back frequently to see how things are going for you guys. i hope the infections what been taken care of.